- RSS Channel Showcase 8495430
- RSS Channel Showcase 4090470
- RSS Channel Showcase 1931198
- RSS Channel Showcase 9337926
Articles on this Page
- 10/13/15--16:46: _GAB Kept on Defensi...
- 10/15/15--01:01: _GAB Defends Using P...
- 10/19/15--06:30: _Kennedy Defends Par...
- 10/20/15--23:56: _Assembly, Senate Pa...
- 10/21/15--15:32: _Assembly Passes Bil...
- 10/26/15--09:05: _Senate Committee Pa...
- 12/27/15--03:00: _Top Ten Lies of 2015
- 05/12/16--23:12: _April Election Goes...
- 12/06/17--21:51: _DOJ Report: Wiscons...
- 12/07/17--15:32: _Make No Mistake, Cr...
- 12/08/17--12:54: _Ethics Commission H...
- 12/15/17--14:10: _Former John Doe Off...
- 12/19/17--08:36: _Schimel: GAB ‘Weapo...
- 12/20/17--17:15: _GAB Agents Looked T...
- 12/21/17--15:47: _Senate Committee As...
- 01/09/18--21:00: _Ethics Commission C...
- 01/11/18--21:34: _In John Doe’s Shado...
- 01/17/18--04:00: _UPDATED: John Doe A...
- 01/18/18--10:51: _Ethics Commission D...
- 01/19/18--08:58: _Wisconsin’s ‘Comey-...
- 10/13/15--16:46: GAB Kept on Defensive at Public Hearing
- 10/15/15--01:01: GAB Defends Using Private Email Accounts
- 10/19/15--06:30: Kennedy Defends Partisan Employees at Non-Partisan GAB
- 10/20/15--23:56: Assembly, Senate Pass John Doe Reform Bills
- 10/21/15--15:32: Assembly Passes Bill To Scrap GAB
- 10/26/15--09:05: Senate Committee Passes GAB Reorganization Bill
- 12/27/15--03:00: Top Ten Lies of 2015
- 05/12/16--23:12: April Election Goes Smoothly as Voter ID Fears Fail to Materialize
- 12/08/17--12:54: Ethics Commission Holds Closed-Door Meeting On John Doe Report
- 12/19/17--08:36: Schimel: GAB ‘Weaponized To Achieve Partisan Advantage’
- 12/20/17--17:15: GAB Agents Looked To Get Around ‘Evidence’ Problem
- 01/17/18--04:00: UPDATED: John Doe Agent’s Defense Falters Amid Email Evidence
- 01/18/18--10:51: Ethics Commission Defense Letters Point To Abuses Of GAB, Agents
- 01/19/18--08:58: Wisconsin’s ‘Comey-Over’
MacIver News - The Co-Authors, Sen. Leah Vukmir (R-Wauwatosa) and Rep. Dean Knudson (R-Hudson) presented a lengthy list of the agency's failings over the years. These included: failing to mail out postcards to inactive voters within 90 days of an election, taking five years to audit the electronic voting machines, and failing to checking the voter rolls for felons. Over a dozen examples were provided throughout the hearing. Read More GAB Kept on Defensive at Public Hearing
MacIver News - Rep. David Craig (R-Big Bend) grilled GAB Executive Director Kevin Kennedy over his staff's use of commercial email accounts while conducting official business. Then he sat down with the MacIver News Service to go into more detail. Read More GAB Defends Using Private Email Accounts
MacIver News - At a public hearing last week, Government Accountability Board Executive Director Kevin Kennedy defended Mike Haas and Shane Falk, two administrators at the agency. Both Haas and Falk have strong ties to the Democratic Party including running for office as a Democrat and working for Democratic candidates, respectively. Read More Kennedy Defends Partisan Employees at Non-Partisan GAB
MacIver News - Wisconsin lawmakers voted on Tuesday to reform the state's John Doe law that enabled the Milwaukee District Attorney to conduct unconstitutional political attacks against conservative groups. Read More Assembly, Senate Pass John Doe Reform Bills
[Madison, Wisc...] The Wisconsin Assembly voted 58-39 to eliminate the Government Accountability Board and replace it with two bi-partisan commissions on Wednesday. Read More Assembly Passes Bill To Scrap GAB
MacIver News Service - One day after the Assembly voted to dismantle the Government Accountability Board, the Senate Committee on Elections and Local Government passed a bill with the same goal. Read More Senate Committee Passes GAB Reorganization Bill
Willingness by politicians to play loose and fast with the facts is especially dangerous if there is no one to fact check their bluster and, when necessary, alert the public to their underhanded deception. That is where your good friends at the MacIver Institute come in. With the hope that these lies might finally be put to rest in 2016, here are the MacIver Institute's Top Ten Lies of 2015. Read More Top Ten Lies of 2015
Press Release - Claims that Wisconsin's Voter ID law would suppress turnout and create chaos at the polls evaporated as Wisconsinites voted in droves on April 5th. The MacIver Institute, American Majority, and the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty comment on the high-turnout election. Read More April Election Goes Smoothly as Voter ID Fears Fail to Materialize
By M.D. Kittle - Wisconsin’s infamous John Doe investigation was more sinister and politically driven than originally reported, as detailed by a new Dept. of Justice report. Read More DOJ Report: Wisconsin’s Infamous John Doe Was More Sinister Than First Reported
By M.D. Kittle - “That’s dead wrong. They didn’t read the report,” Attorney General Brad Schimel told MacIver News Service Thursday morning. Read More Make No Mistake, Crimes Were Committed In John Doe Leak, Schimel Says
By Bill Osmulski -The Wisconsin Ethics Commission held a closed-door teleconference on Friday prepared to discuss the state Department of Justice’s bombshell report into leaked John Doe investigation documents. Read More Ethics Commission Holds Closed-Door Meeting On John Doe Report
By M.D. Kittle - The embattled interim administrator of the Wisconsin Elections Commission says he’s surprised by legislative leaders’ calls for him to step down. Read More Former John Doe Official ‘Surprised’ Lawmakers Want Him Out As Elections Chief
By M.D. Kittle - Once more, Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel has had to correct erroneous reporting by some members of the media who have gladly lapped up the “facts” that their government bureaucrat sources have fed them. Read More Schimel: GAB ‘Weaponized To Achieve Partisan Advantage’
By M.D. Kittle – It would seem the overreaching agents behind Wisconsin’s infamous John Doe investigation refused to take no for an answer, according to a recent report by the state Department of Justice and documents reviewed by MacIver News Service. Read More GAB Agents Looked To Get Around ‘Evidence’ Problem
By M.D. Kittle - On Thursday, the Committee On Senate Organization voted 3-2, along party lines, to authorize the DOJ to dig deeper into the conduct of the state bureaucrats and prosecutors who led the infamous secret probe. Read More Senate Committee Asks DOJ To Expand Probe Into John Doe Investigators
By M.D. Kittle - David Halbrooks lays a good deal of the blame at the feet of Francis Schmitz, the former federal prosecutor and GAB investigator who was tapped by John Doe partners - the GAB and the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office - to lead the secret political probe. Read More Ethics Commission Chairman Blames John Doe Special Prosecutor For Documents Drama
By M.D. Kittle - Things are heating up in John Doe Land’s Capitol cooker in advance of a looming Senate confirmation vote on the embattled administrators of the Ethics and Elections commissions. Read More In John Doe’s Shadow: Showdown Looms In Bitter Battle Over Bureaucrats’ Jobs
By M.D. Kittle - The Michael Haas/Brian Bell defense tour is underway. They have been making the rounds at various news outlets to personally do what their apologists have been doing for weeks: defending their bureaucratic records and denying their involvement in Wisconsin’s infamous John Doe investigation. Read More UPDATED: John Doe Agent’s Defense Falters Amid Email Evidence
By M.D. Kittle - If there were any illusions that members of the state Ethics Commission would stand by their now-infamous predecessor and their agents, those ideas quickly evaporated in new memos made public Wednesday. Read More Ethics Commission Defense Letters Point To Abuses Of GAB, Agents
By Deborah Jordahl - What do a former attorney general, two former judges, two licensed attorneys and a former state legislator have in common? Read More Wisconsin’s ‘Comey-Over’